30 Before 30 Update #5

I am not going to sit here and type some long paragraph about how I am going to be more present on the blog and keep up with posting.  I am going to post when I feel the motivation, the fun dissipates when it feels forced.  I have been reading more, cooking more, buying makeup less, buying home goods and food more so my posts are going to be super random but hopefully enjoyable.

With all that being said, this is what I have been up to!


GOAL #5: START A CAREER THAT I LOVE

Mission Accomplished! I was feeling lost and Thanksgiving Day 2016 my cousin told me about the alternative certification program to become a teacher in Dallas.  I applied, passed the certification exam, interviewed and was accepted into the program.  I started teaching and training in the Summer of 2017 and accepted a position as a High School Special Education Inclusion Teacher by the end of the Summer! I believe I have finally found something that I could stick with, I am looking into some other certification exams and may move around (Grade/Content) but I think I can finally say I have a career that is enjoyable and THAT is so refreshing!

GOAL #16: TAKE MY LITTLE BROTHER TO DISNEY WORLD

We are going to Disney in July and I am so excited that I will get to do this for my brother.  Thanks to my new teacher schedule (summer break) and salary I finally have the time and the money to do something huge for my brother.  He is getting more excited the closer we get to the date but I cannot stop looking at the countdown.  I think it will be great and of course (if I don't go MIA again) I will update you afterwards.

GOAL #22: TRY SUSHI

I am glad I can finally say that I tried Sushi but that will NEVER happen again.  FIRST, there was no way I was eating raw fish so everything I tried was cooked. SECOND, it was more of a texture and temperature issue for me.  The flavors were not horrible but I hated the fact that majority of them had cooked shrimp, chicken, etc., but the roll was still cold.  For some reason, something about that threw me off.  Overall, it was a hilarious experience and was super fun but I am definitely done with Sushi.



Previous Updates:
Update #4
Update #3
Update #2
Update #1
Original 30 before 30 Post


Unapologetically,
--Asja

Comments