30 Before 30: Update #4

Goal #24: Buy a brand new car or SUV (January 21, 2017)

I had a 2008 Pontiac G6 that was not in horrible condition mechanically but definitely had some issues that needed to be fixed ASAP and I was pretty much done with the car.  I bought it in college in 2010 and was just ready for something nicer.  The paint was fading and everything; it was TIME. TO. GO.  So, one day I just looked up what kind of cars Kia had because that is usually not a car I think about when looking for cars.  Well... fell in love with the sleek look of the Kia Optima.  Next day we went to "look" at cars and I drove off the lot with a Gray 2016 Kia Optima with only about 400 miles on it and I have been in love ever since.  In my opinion it looks like a luxury car but without the luxury price.  I am so happy that I made the decision to get a new car because every time I got in my G6 I was thinking "is this the day we are going to breakdown" (I am a little dramatic, it wasn't that bad but it looked like it).



Goal #25: Get my hair to a healthy state and maintain length

If you read my last empties post, Love Em' or Leave Em' #3: Hair Edition, then you may already know about my hair situation.  Basically, last summer I decided to transition to natural.  In that post I also let you all know that I have not used heat on my hair since August 2016 and I think my last relaxer was during September!? Don't quote me on that!  Anyways, I just decided to transition and wear wigs fulltime to avoid having to deal with both hair textures all the time. 
.
.
.
.
.
Well, on November 8th I just said FORGET IT! I cut all my hair off, well all except like an inch or so.  I was actually watching the election and decided why not? You wear wigs all the time anyway and I put conditioner on my hair brushed it through so I could tell the difference between my new growth and relaxed hair and CHOPPED IT ALL OFF! I can literally say that was the best decision I ever made when it comes to my hair.  I never would have thought that it would really make me feel free but it did and I love my natural hair.  It is still shorter than I am comfortable with wearing out all the time so I will still wear wigs until it grows out more.  I have worn it out I think 3-4 times and I do get compliments but it is a process for me and hopefully by this summer or beginning of next year I will have the confidence to rock my natural curls full-time.  So, technically I have or I am accomplishing this goal because my hair is growing way better than when I was relaxed, I have way less shedding, and it looks fuller and healthier (when I tend to it).  I would say goal accomplished but I will still be on this new natural hair journey for a while.

Previous 30 Before 30 Updates:
Update #3
Update #2
Update #1
Original 30 Before 30 Goals

Comments