What have I been Reading!? #1

Now that I am done with grad school I have been reading more often. Let me tell you it is so much easier to read for fun when your not reading 4-6 textbook chapters a week.

I am also the type of person who will jump around and read for months then stop in the middle of a book randomly and won't pick it back up for years sometimes.  That was definitely the case this time.

The first book I finished reading was the 3rd book to the Fifty Shades Trilogy, Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James.  I started the 3rd book a few years ago, got about 1/4 of the way through and stopped.  I am not sure why because it was my favorite of all three books.  I did not really like the first one, the second one was way better and the third one was amazing!  The third book definitely seemed a little more "normal" and if you have read the books you should understand what I mean by "normal" LOL!  The book kept me wanting more and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Every time I turned the page something else crazy was happening and I had to know the outcome.  I definitely recommend reading the books.  All I need to do now is watch the first movie so I am all caught up when the second one comes out in 2017.

I also finished Still Waters by Tami Hoag and I LOVED this book so much that I bought another of her books recently but haven't started reading yet.  The book was definitely interesting and kept me on my toes.  This book is a perfect example of what I explained earlier about stopping books in the middle.  I started this book at least 4 or 5 times over probably a 3 year span and each time I stopped around the same part.  It is definitely action packed once it gets going, I guess it started a little slow for me.  Maybe that is why I kept putting it down but I am so glad I picked it back up.  If you like Murder Mysteries with a touch of Romance you will love this one.  Can you say plot twist!?

Upcoming Books: (if all goes well...lol)

The Summer We Fell Apart by Robin Antalek (already started)
The Bitter Season by Tami Hoag
What She Knew by Gilly Macmillan

**If you have read any of these books please leave me a comment below and if you have any good book recommendations let me know those as well**

Comments

  1. I haven't read any of these books, but I can totally relate to you about reading 50 books and then all of a sudden stopping for months. I'm currently in that 'stopping for months' phase, haha. I look forward to getting back into my love for books, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wish I wasn't so easily distracted. I could probably read a book a week instead a book a year if I focused more haha.

      Delete
  2. I am the same way with books! I'll start one and then totally forget about it for months and even years lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your views on the books you have read and congrats on grad school!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment